Skip to content
Cattle Immunization & Worming Schedule
Calves at 2 months
- 8 Way Vaccine – Ultrabac 8 or any other 8 way vaccine. Prefer 5 ml dosage.
Calves 6 weeks to 8 weeks after first 8 way vaccine
- 8 Way Vaccine – Ultrabac 8 or any other 8 way vaccine – Immunization will not occur without this booster!!!, Prefer 5 ml doseage
- Worm with Ivomec Plus or generic Ivomec Plus (Noromection plus) – 1 ml per 110 lbs
Calves at Weaning
- 8 way vaccine ( Black Leg and Red Water diseases) with somnus (somnus casues mummified fetus in the uterus.)
- Vibro lepto 5 with Harjo Bovis (VL-5 HB) Venereal Diseases. Harjo bovis is a new strain that needs to be in your vaccine
- IBR, PI3, BVD, BRSV ( modified live vaccine recommended) (Diarreah, Influenza, and Respiratory diseases) , if not available use a killed vaccine: Use Novartis Vira Shield® 6+VL5 HB. This also takes care of the vaccine above. Bovine Rhinotracheitis-Virus Diarrhea-Parainfluenza 3-Respiratory Syncytial Virus Vaccine, Killed Virus-Campylobacter Fetus-Leptospira Canicola-Grippotyphosa-Hardjo-Icterohaemorrhagiae-Pomona Bacterin
- If you do not use modified live vaccine then vaccinate with killed virus about 1 month before weaning. DO NOT USE Modified LIVE vaccine and leave the Calf on the Cow. It will make the Cow abort the calf if she is pregnant. Killed virus will not do this.
- Worm with Ivomec Plus or generic Ivomec Plus, Causes round worms and liver flukes to be removed from the body. 1 ml per 110 lbs.
- Brucelosis Vaccination by the Vet for all heifers that you keep or sell to other breeders. If you sell a heifer at the sale barn don’t worry about it.
Cows and Bulls
- 8 way vaccine with somnus
- Vibro lepto 5 with Harjo bovis
- IBR, PI3, BVD, BRSV ( killed vaccine recommended). DO NOT USE Modified LIVE on pregnant cows. Causes Abortion.
- Worm with Ivomec Plus or generic Ivomec Plus (Noromection plus). 1 ml per 110 lbs
Use of Valbazen for worming
- It is a good drench and should be used with caution. It can make cows abort if it is given within 45 days of conception. I usually give it in the 45 days after calving so that the cow has not yet bred.
- Fly / tick control : talk to your vet and see what he recommends for your area. Use Fly Tags in spring and pour in mid summer. (August)
- Lice in January & February, hair on body missing. Ivomectin pour on or Pour on lice and tick product. I have best results with Co- Ral a spray on inceticide.